12:34 Time Newsletter07/28/2015
Wow! What a week of excitement we had attending the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference in Orlando two weeks ago! Big things are coming from Microsoft over the next several months. Most importantly: Windows 10 which is set to launch tomorrow!
Windows 10 is familiar and easy to use. It includes an improved Start menu and is designed to startup and resume fast. Plus, it's packed with better security and new innovations including Microsoft Edge—an all-new browser.
As you may have heard, Microsoft is providing Windows 10 for free. Here is how it works:
- Must have a current license of Windows 7, 8, or 8.1. (Home or Professional.)
- Must redeem your free upgrade to Windows 10 by July 29th, 2016.
- The license is free for the life of the device.
- After July 29, 2016, free upgrades will no longer be available; licenses will have to be purchased.
- Upgrade will be delivered via Windows Update.
If you are a client under our 12:34 CARE program, I will be coming to meet with you to discuss and demo Windows 10 as well as to discuss deployment. If you are not a client and would like a free Windows 10 demo and/or help with your free upgrade, just email email@example.com.
Along with Windows 10, Microsoft will be releasing new versions of Office, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint and Windows Server. More on those products as we get closer to their launch.